We’re passionate about birds and nature. That’s why we opened a Wild Birds Unlimited Nature Shop in our community.
911 Montauk Highway,
Oakdale, NY 11769
Phone: (631) 218-2473
Fax: (631) 589-5016
Email: Send Message
Mon - Fri: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sat: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sun: 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
• Baltimore Orioles, Yellow Bellied Sapsuckers and Indigo Buntings depart.
• Fall colors peak this month.
• Moose mating season, now through October.
• New England Aster flowers and lasts through October.
• Baccharis (Groundsel, Salt Bush) can be seen in bloom now through early winter.
• Clematis and Elsholtzia (mint bush) bloom until late October.
• First killer frost could occur this month.
• Fall warbler migration peaks this month.
• Monarch Butterfly migration peaks this month.
• Watch for Green Darner Dragonflies migrating south.
• Look for Wooley Bear caterpillars moving across sun-warmed pavement.
• First juncos and White-throated Sparrows can appear by the end of this month.